Saturday, August 2, 2008

First support case!

Haha. Finally, I managed to got a case worth working on. I met someone with problems on her computer. Here comes TechYouOn to the rescue!

Scenario:
my tablet crashed.
thats the worst thing that can happen.
freaking screen turned red T.T

MY SONGS ARE GONE, WHATTHE****.
and thats why i'm so damn ****ing miserable.
i dont care if i cant use for like a few days man.

I didnt even back up la omggggggggggg.
seriously, i think i GG already, my school stuff!

AND
my songs my songs my songs my songs my songs my songs my songs my songs my songs my songs!

*quoted from friend's blog.

Here is the challenge.

Analysis:
1) Freaking screen turned red- Perhaps theres a ram failure? Mine had undergone something quite similar 2 years back. I've got red, green, blue, purple, all sorts of colours. Sometimes even a distorted screen. Got ram changed and problem was solved. Perhaps theres a hard disk failure or what. Can take a look at bios settings and run a few tests.

2) Stucked at computer logo screen- I suppose when theres a hardware problem, these things happen. Not likely to be hard disk failure. If theres a hard disk failure, normally there would be messages indicating missings core files and perhaps "No OS Detected"
3)Unable to boot into windows-Corrupted windows file?
4)Retrieve data back without booting into windows.-Easy!

Let me explain in retrieving data back without booting into windows.
Since you can boot into windows, you cannot access your files from that system anymore. There is a need for another system, either to boot from it, or view the files in it. From this case, we will not boot from it, as there may be a hard disk failure. So, a simple tool like a SATA usb case can do the work. (BTW, the hdd is sata 2.5" for laptops. Tablet PC you see) Plug the usb into another computer system, if detected, you can start backing up!








We have not tried it yet, but will give another post to the results of this case.
Hope I succeed in the first support provided!



T
h
a
n
k

y
o
u
!

No comments: