Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pointui, the definitive user interface for mobile devices

Pointui. User Interface for Windows Mobile PDA and smartphones.



As you can see from the video, after loading up the pointui interface(which just takes a few seconds,thats fast) I reach the PointUI home page.
Point UI's Home
The different main functions can be accessed here. Firstly, on the most left of the screen is the call register(phone). Next to it is email(envelope), then sms(speech bubble), and favourite application(star).
At the bottom of the page, is where i can access my contacts, and view running or open up applications.
Browsing through all the different functions of the PointUI is a breeze as it enables touch screen on my HTC touch, together with finger gestures, I can browse through my contacts just by sliding my finger vertically across the screen. It is something common with the iphone. If I want to view my contacts alphabetically, I can move my finger to the right side of the screen and directly slide my finger on the screen again to move to the letter of contact I want.
Applet Ribbon
Sliding with my finger on the home page, I can browse from the clock option to the calendar,tasks, appointments and weather.

Volume Settings
Adjusting the volume settings is rather easy. Touching the screen, you can customize the volume settings according to the different occasions. There are also default settings like vibration mode and slient mode.

My views
From my point of view, I personally like PointUI as I can easily customize the phone settings well for the ease of use. Its design provides an alternative user interface to the normal windows mobile home. And also, its free!
There is a commercial version out there which allows full features of the pointUI.

For more information and download, visit the pointui webpage here.

No comments: